Thursday, March 19, 2009

More progress is made


Lexie has decided to be a good girl and stay where she is put, so I leave her stall top open while I'm there now. She is so friendly, she whinneys when I get to the barn and is no problem to catch or lead. I've started turning her out in the big arena. When I go out to bring her in she comes trotting up. It's hard to get pictures of her out there, I've got the whole nose filling the whole frame problem going.


Her new mommy, Mrs. Cowboy, is coming to take her home Friday. You'll have to bear with me, these pics are from my phone. Someone insisted that I post more pics, and this is all I had ;)

Rose is still a champ. Yesterday I finally found a bit hanger big enough for her, I'm trying to avoid buying more stuff. The 6" bit is barely big enough for her. She probably needs a 6.5" I slipped the hanger under her halter and then attached the bit on one side. Popped it into her mouth and fastened it on the other, it was a snap! So far she's the easiest horse I've started. She stood and chewed the bit while I finished grooming her. Is it wrong that I found it highly amusing? I always do.




We headed out to the round pen for a longe lesson. She's doing great. We do lots and lots of transitions. She's very responsive and quick. Whoa, trot, walk, reverse, all excellent. I had actually expected that she would be a little more "dull" being a draft, but I was wrong. She's quite sensitive. She's very good on the ground, completely aware of where I am at all times and very respectfull of my space.

Hopefully today we can have a horsey spa day. I can't wait to give her a bath. I groom her every day, buy she has years of dirt and I want to see her white socks!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Thanks for the photos! I can't wait to see her tomorrow!

    The trailer is all packed and waiting...halter, leads, two kinds of hay and four different types of grains...just in case she needs "tempting" into the trailer. Oh - and carrots too!

    I'll call when I'm on my way!

    ReplyDelete