Monday, March 23, 2009

Lexie does Sacramento





A farewell to Lexie (Sweetpea). Friday afternoon Lexie went to her new home. I was happy for her. Mrs. Cowboy is the perfect mommy for her. Great references, tons of experience, and she has the facilities to keep her just the way I'd love to be able to house mine!

The trailer she brought was exquisitely bedded down, a nice airy stock trailer full of straw and a variety of foodstuffs. It was so inviting that Lexie climbed in with us after just a minute. It was totally anticlimactic!

Mrs. Cowboy gave us some much needed help with the board and for Rose she brought a draft size dressage bridle! Yah! Rose can be dressed like a real horse now :)

I heard from her that Lexie traveled fine, but didn't stay in her new paddock long, apparently she jumped the fence to join the herd in the pasture. (you did say you wanted a jumper right Mrs. Cowboy?) I'm glad she didn't get stuck this time. It surprised me a bit as she was staying confined at my barn, either in the round pen, arena, or in her stall with the top door open. I guess the excitement of a new place was too much for her!

Anyway, I wish you all the luck in the world, and hope that you keep us updated on her.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the good foundation you put on Lexie!! It would have been much more of a disaster had he tried to continue to escape, but she politely came to me in the field, to be scratched, checked for injuries and haltered! She'll soon learn that it's more fun to stay where she's put! In the meantime, it works well to keep a friend with her.

    ReplyDelete